Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/cranberry-sauce-post-hbf/
© 2017 . All rights reserved.
The Best Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce with A Touch of Apple Brandy
Pressure Cooker Ingredients
- 3 cups fresh Hurst's Berry Farms cranberries
- 2 cups minced peeled apple
- 1/2 cup orange juice (about 2 medium oranges)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (about 2 medium oranges)
- 10 cardamom pods
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons apple brandy (or spiced rum)
- sweetener of choice to taste (I used 2 tablespoons maple syrup)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Add all the pressure cooker ingredients to your Instant Pot. Put on the lid and set the vent to sealed. Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally, which means wait until the pressure value drops on its own.
- Once the pressure releases, you will be able to remove the lid and set aside. Press the cancel button to turn off the Instant Pot, then press the saute button and the adjust button until it sets to "less".
- Add in the saute ingredients. Mix well with a large spoon and mash the fruit pieces as you go.
- Please note, you can use any sweetener of your choice, just add a little at a time and taste as you go.
- Cook until it's at the thickness you desire, then turn off and remove the cardamom pods and cinnamon sticks. Store in the fridge.