I wake up wanting a coffee, or tea, full of creaminess. I seem to drink coffee more in the summer and tea in the winter. Coconut Oat Vanilla Nut Vegan Coffee Creamer is always a winner and great in Earl Grey tea.
I certainly have a few favorite store-bought creamers I like, but I love making my own vegan coffee creamer.
A wonderful benefit of making your own creamer is that you can use any sweetener you want. Today’s recipe comes from my book, OATrageous Oatmeals.
This creamer is quick and you can make it without going into the cold. This recipe will show you that having oats in the house is just as important as bread in a snowstorm!
There is no need to soak nuts ahead of time which is why this recipe is perfect if you woke up this morning and realized you were out creamer. Just throw some oat and coconut in your blender with some water.
10 minutes later blend and strain, then add your favorite sweetener and flavorings. You can even leave it unsweetened and plain – it’s all up to you!
Coconut Oat Vanilla Nut Vegan Coffee Creamer
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or sweetener of choice, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract to taste
- Break the oats and coconut into tiny pieces with your blender. Add the water and let soak for ten minutes.
- Blend again for about 3 minutes or until smooth, then run the creamer through a fine mesh
- strainer over a small bowl to strain out the oat pieces.
- Put the liquid, sweetener and extracts back in the blender and blend until the sweetener is incorporated and dissolved.
More Recipes to Try
- Instant Pot Apple Spice Steel Cut Oats for 2
- Make Your Own Fresh Blackberry Syrup
- The Big List of Vegan Air Fryer Recipes to Make Right Now!
- Steel-Cut Oat Sausage Crumbles From OATrageous Oatmeals