Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/celebrate-national-coffee-day-with-a-slow-cooker-gingerbread-latte-and-a-giveaway/
© 2017 . All rights reserved.
Slow Cooker Gingerbread Latte
soy-free, gluten-free *This recipe requires a small 1.5 to 2 quart slow cooker.* (You can double or triple the recipe and use a larger one if you like.)
- 1/4 cup (63ml) cold brewed coffee concentrate or 1 cup (250ml) regular brewed coffee
- 2 cup (500ml) unsweetened nondairy milk (you can use vanilla or plain just adjust sweetener)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon molasses (optional, but makes it really taste like gingerbread)
- Sweetener to taste: brown sugar, stevia, agave nectar, or maple syrup, etc.
- (I used 1/2 packet Nu-Stevia)
- Put everything but sweetener in the slow cooker.
- Add molasses. Whisk until ingredients are well combined.
- Taste and add your choice of sweetener until it's the way you like your latte.
- Cook for 3 hours on low or 1 1⁄2 to 2 hours on high. You are just heating it, so you could also do this on the stove top if you are in a hurry.
I like to put drinks on in a slow cooker before a dinner party and then it's piping hot and ready to serve with dessert.