Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/budget-friendly-spiced-instant-pot-lentils-and-rice/
© 2017 . All rights reserved.
Budget Friendly Spiced Instant Pot Lentils and Rice
- 3 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 cup long grain white rice (like basmati or jasmine)
- 1/2 cup brown lentils
- 1/2 cup green lentils (or use all brown lentils)
- 1.5 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1.5 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1.5 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Add all the ingredients to your Instant Pot liner except for the salt. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally.
If you've used broth, you may not need to add any salt at all. If you used water, salt to taste and you can even add in 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast to give it an optional flavor boost.
Serve with steamed veggies or over a bed a baby kale or spinach.