I love Chris Anca’s new book, Nourishing Noodles, partly because it uses one of my favorite kitchen tools, the spiralizer! The recipe I’m sharing today for the Zucchini Noodle Salad with Moroccan Chickpeas is an amazing addition to your summer meal rotation and makes a darn good lunch too.
Be sure to check out Chris’ blog, Tales of a Kitchen for more great recipes. I’ll be sharing at least one more recipe from the book this summer.
The book has recipes for every meal including chapters for breakfast, apps, soups, raw entrees, cooked entrees and desserts. If you already have a spiralizer or are thinking of getting one, this book is for you!
Zucchini Noodle Salad with Moroccan Chickpeas from Nourishing Noodles
- 1/2 medium zucchini, ribbon spirals (spiralize on the flat blade)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch sea salt flakes
- 2 tbsp chopped red onions
- 1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1 15.5-oz (439 g) can organic cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 medium carrot, grated
- 1 small handful chopped mint leaves
- 3 tbsp currants
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, roughly ground with a mortar and pestle
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp hulled tahini
- 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- ¹⁄³ tsp garlic powder
- ¹⁄³ tsp onion powder
- ¹⁄³ tsp sea salt flakes
- 2 lemon wedges,peeled and seeded
- 1 small handful parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp white and/or black sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Place all noodle ingredients in a medium bowl and gently massage for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- To make the Moroccan chickpeas, place the red onion in a medium bowl with the apple cider vinegar and the coconut nectar, and mix well. Set aside for 2 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, carrot, mint, and currants to the onion, and combine.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until creamy.
- Add the dressing to the chickpea mixture and toss until thoroughly coated.
- Divide and arrange zucchini noodles on serving plates, spoon the chickpeas on top, add toppings, and serve.