I’m back traveling again, so I want to share a fun fall recipe for you to try. Since this is pumpkin everything season I thought you’d like to try Joni and Celine’s recipe for vegan pumpkin ice cream from their book The Complete Guide to Vegan Food Substitutions.
In case you don’t have access to some of the premade ingredients in the recipe I have a few links to DIY recipes for you:
- speculoos cookies or find a gluten-free version here
- pumpkin puree
- vegan cream cheese (but leave out the nutritional yeast)
- vegan chocolate chips
- 12 (about 94 g) store-bought Speculoos cookies, plus 4 more as add-in
- 3⁄4 cup (144 g) Sucanat (or other vegan sugar)
- 1 1⁄4 cups (305 g) pumpkin purée
- 8 ounces (227 g) vegan cream cheese
- or thick vegan creamer
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup (44 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Blend 12 cookies in food processor, until finely ground. Add remaining
ingredientsexceptthe extra cookies and process until smooth. Chill for a few hours.
- Place mixture in
ice-creammaker and follow manufacturer’s instructions. Stir in 4 extra cookies, broken into chunks, as add-ins during last 5 minutes of churning. Place back into the freezer for a firmer consistency, or enjoy right away
1 cup (117 g) walnut halves
1⁄4 cup (60 ml) pure maple syrup
Pinch fine sea salt
Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C, or gas mark 3).Combine all ingredients on a small baking sheet, and toast for 10 minutes, stirring once
Remove from oven and let cool on sheet.