This Vegan Pecan Pumpkin Shake is so easy to make and you don’t use any vegan ice cream to make it. It’s so rich and creamy that you’ll forget it’s actually healthy. In fact, it’s healthy enough to even be your morning smoothie.
This recipe is from my ebook, The Ghoulish Gourmet. The pdf version costs $8.95 and you can click the buy now button to purchase (the button is below the cover photo). Or you can get the Kindle version at Amazon for $9.95.
Now back to your yummy shake. First, you make your own homemade pecan milk. I don’t bother straining it since I love any little pieces that sneak through in a shake. Then you add the pumpkin puree, ground chia seeds and spices.
Blend more and the ground chia seeds will start to make it a little thicker. They are what will keep the liquid incorporated with the ice, so be sure to include them. Add the crushed ice, blend and enjoy!
This shake is gluten-free, soy-free and has no added oil. It can even be made nut free for a completely allergy-free treat. So what’s not to love, right?
This is also great as a frozen coffee, just substitute coffee concentrate for about 1/2 cup of the water.
Vegan Pecan Pumpkin No Ice Cream Needed Shake
I love the flavors of pumpkin and pecan together. This is a no-ice-cream-needed shake, which means you thicken the homemade nut milk with ice and chia seeds. You can also use your choice of sweetener. There is even a nut-free version, which makes this perfect for all diets.
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground chia seeds (or 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- pinch cloves
- sweetener of choice, to taste (maple syrup, stevia, monk fruit, agave and soaked dates all work well)
- 1/2 to 1 cup crushed ice
- Make your own nondairy milk by adding the water and pecans to a blender and blending until mostly smooth. At this point, you can strain the mixture or leave the tiny bits of pecan in to add texture to the shake. I like to leave them in.
- Next add the pumpkin, chia seeds, spices and your choice of sweetener to the blender with the nondairy mixture. Blend until smooth, taste and add more sweetener if needed.
- Add ice and blend until it looks like a milkshake. Please note that if you do not have a powerful blender you may need to add the first ½ cup of ice and blend, then add more in ¼ cup increments until it’s as thick as your blender (or undertaker) will allow.
This shake is from my e-cookbook, The Ghoulish Gourmet. But, it’s great for all of pumpkin season and I’m enjoying one whenever I can!