I have another vegan Instant Pot recipe for you today. I like the idea of white chili and this one is full of white beans, carrots, and soy curls.
If you don’t want to wait to get soy curls in the mail, you can use Beyond Meat or Gardein vegan chicken cut into small pieces. Or you could use cubed tofu or tempeh.
However, if you are avoiding soy, just double the beans – you won’t need extra cooking liquid because there’s already extra in the recipe to cook the soy curls.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or water saute to make oil-free)
- ½ small onion, minced
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 1½ teaspoons cumin powder
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 2½ cups water
- 1½ cups dry soy curls, minced (or use your favorite vegan chicken sub or tempeh)
- 1 cup cannellini beans (or other white bean), soaked overnight (there will be about 2¼ cups after they are soaked
- 1 (10 oz) can of diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilies
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Use the sauté setting over normal, or medium heat, and heat the oil or water. Saute the onion until they become transparent. Then add the garlic, cumin, chili powder, and carrot. Sauté a minute more.
- Add the water, soy curls, and soaked beans to your Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes and let the pressure release naturally. (Note: If your beans aren't completely cooked, go ahead and cook 5 minutes more on high pressure)
- Puree the diced tomatoes and green chilies together in your blender.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally. Stir in the blended mixtures, nutritional yeast, oregano, salt, and pepper, then serve.