Do you need an easy dessert for Thanksgiving or the winter holidays? This Vegan Holiday Gingerbread Pear Crumble is the recipe for you. It’s from my book, OATrageous Oatmeals and it’s oil-free, soy-free and vegan too!
The seasonal pears are spiced up and covered with a gingerbread crumble. It’s so easy you can put all the kids to work on it while you relax a bit.
What’s your go-to holiday dessert?
- 1 cup (96 g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (132 g) whole wheat pastry flour (*use a gluten-free baking mix)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons (40 g) molasses
- 11/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cloves
- Filling Ingredients:
- 5 cups (805 g) chopped pears (peeled if not organic)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) agave nectar,optional
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (177 C). Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with oil. (**You can also line with parchment paper or use a nonstick pan to make it oil-free.)
- Combine all of the topping ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- If your pears aren’t very sweet, add 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of agave nectar and a pinch of salt.
- Spread out the pear mixture in the casserole dish.
- Crumble the gingerbread topping over the pears, then bake for 30 minutes.
Don’t forget – OATrageous Oatmeals is a great holiday gift!