Do you need an easy dessert for Thanksgiving or the winter holidays? This Vegan Holiday Gingerbread Pear Crumble is the recipe for you. It’s from my book, OATrageous Oatmeals and it’s oil-free, soy-free and vegan too!
The seasonal pears are spiced up and covered with a gingerbread crumble. It’s so easy you can put all the kids to work on it while you relax a bit.
What’s your go-to holiday dessert?
Holiday Gingerbread Pear Crumble From OATrageous Oatmeals
This is a wonderful way to keep your holidays healthy, and it takes less time to make than a batch of cookies. If you aren’t a huge molasses fan, you can use half the amount or even replace it with another sweetener. Depending on what you have on hand, use either apples or a combination of pears and apples.
- 1 cup (96 g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (132 g) whole wheat pastry flour (*use a gluten-free baking mix)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons (40 g) molasses
- 11/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cloves
- 5 cups (805 g) chopped pears (peeled if not organic)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) agave nectar,optional
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (177 C). Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with oil. (**You can also line with parchment paper or use a nonstick pan to make it oil-free.)
- Combine all of the topping ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- If your pears aren’t very sweet, add 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of agave nectar and a pinch of salt.
- Spread out the pear mixture in the casserole dish.
- Crumble the gingerbread topping over the pears, then bake for 30 minutes.
Don’t forget – OATrageous Oatmeals is a great holiday gift!