Crepes aren’t easy to find once you go vegan, but my recipe for gluten-free teff dinner crepes can put them right back into your life.
These come together quick right in your blender. You can get the Creamy Greens recipe here to use as a filling. You could also fill them up with your favorite stews or veggies. It elevates leftovers to a fancy meal.
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with ¼ cup warm water
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup Maskal Teff™ flour (ivory or brown)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- More olive oil to use in pan
- 1 Recipe Creamy Greens
- Add all the ingredients to your blender and blend well.
- Let the mixture sit for at least 10 minutes, until the bubbles on top go away. (This is a great time to prepare the filling in the recipe below.)
- Either spray some oil lightly on an 8 inch saute pan or lightly brush oil on
- Heat pan over medium heat.
- Once hot measure out ¼ cup batter, remove skillet and pour batter moving the skillet to coat the bottom evenly.
- Cook first side for about 3 minutes. The edges will begin to pull away from the pan.
- Carefully flip the crepe using your hands or a spatula and cook another minute.
- Place on a plate and repeat until all the crepe batter has been used.
- Fill each crepe with the creamy vegan greens filling and roll up. Serve with a little of the greens on top for decoration.
Click here to get to the Creamy Greens Filling recipe.