I am excited to announce my 2016 partnership with Sabra. This is my first sponsored post and recipe as an official Sabra Tastemaker. As always, the opinions below and the recipes are always my own.
For those of you that are big sports fans or just love to watch the new crazy commercials, the big day is just around the corner. I like to make fun food and feed people, so I’m up for a party anytime. Honestly, I won’t be in front of the TV, but I’ll pass by occasionally to make sure you have some snacks.
When you’re a vegan you know that there’ll always be some hummus at any party you go to. I’m always grateful because sometimes it’s the only thing for me to eat. I love plain hummus and a rainbow of flavored hummus. But I don’t see the need to stop there.
I’ve turned a delicious tub of Sabra hummus into a creamy, dreamy fondue that you’d be happy to get out at a fancy restaurant. And it’s completely dairy-free!
It’s just as good as an appetizer. Either way, I like to serve it with lightly steamed veggies and toasted cubes of bread.
The nutritional yeast adds a little bit of cheezy umami and the dry mustard and apple cider vinegar gives it a bite that you expect from a nice cheese. You can substitute a dry white wine in place of the apple cider vinegar to make a more mellow fondue.
Now that I have you hungry for hummus I have to tell you about the Sabra Buy, Snap, Score Promotion
- Buy 2 Sabra products and 2 Stacy’s products
- Snap a pic of your receipt and upload to Dip Zone by February 15, 2016
- Score a $5 gift card.
- ½ cup cashew
- ½ cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) container Sabra Original Hummus
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ to 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- ½ to 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, to taste
- Soak the cashews in the water for at least 3 hours to overnight.
- Add the soaked cashews, the soaking water, hummus, nutritional yeast, garlic and onion powder, and mustard powder to your blender and blend until smooth. You may need to stop and scrape down the blender a few times in between blending to get it extra smooth.
- Then add salt and apple cider vinegar to taste. Serve with toasted bread cubes, lightly steamed veggies and even some seared tofu or tempeh!
Most vegans are at almost half hummus like me, right? Sabra has a great deal that will get you some money back. Buy Sabra and Stacy’s together before 2/15/16 and score a $5 gift card by uploading your receipt to the Dip Zone.