Here’s a quick and easy mug cake that’s all vegan, and cooks in just 1 minute! I usually prefer to make little cakes for two in my small slow cooker, but lately I’ve been experimenting with the more conventional mug cakes for one that you cook in the microwave.
I have to admit that I’ve always been anti-microwave, but in our new house one was already installed, and it would be harder to take it out than to learn to live with it. That means I’m using it on rare occasions and I can’t think of a better reason than to prepare a quick dessert when the mood hits?
I’ve fallen in love with Madhava’s new salted caramel coffee syrup. Not only does it taste amazing, but it has no dairy in it – which makes it vegan too. You could use plain agave or their hazelnut or vanilla coffee syrup if that’s what you have on hand. It’s an easy way to introduce a burst of flavor into a late-night snack.
Vegan Chocolate Caramel Mug Brownie
- 3 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons salted caramel agave coffee syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- Spray your mug with a little oil. Add the dry ingredients to the mug and mix well.
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix well. Make sure to mix well enough that all the dry ingredients at the bottom of the mug are stirred into the wet.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Get a spoon and dig in!