I had The Market‘s Mint White Russian the other night. (It was one of two creamy vegan drinks on their menu!) They used homemade Kahlua and mint infused vodka. If you live in the triangle you must give them a try.
I was hesitant about the coffee mint combo but I was won over. It was so good that I wanted one again. I didn’t have any mint vodka ready to go, but I decided this warm minty drink would fill in just fine.
If you don’t have mint extract you can add a mint herbal tea bag in the beginning. You could also use semi-sweet chocolate instead unsweetened, just adjust the sweetness.
Hate coffee flavors? Try substituting Grand Mariner for an orange mint twist.
Slow Cooker Tipsy Mint-Kahlua Cocoa
Slow Cooker Tipsy Mint-Kahlua Cocoa **Uses a 1½ to 2 quart slow cooker**
- 2 cups unsweetened So Delicious coconut milk beverage, or other non-dairy milk
- 1 1/2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, in disks or chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- sweetener of choice, to taste (I used 1/2 teaspoon stevia and 1 teaspoon agave.)
- Add the coconut milk, baking chocolate, and mint extract and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours. Whisk then add Kahlua and sweetener. Whisk again and serve.