Posted by Kathy Hesterhttp://healthyslowcooking.com/step-by-step-cold-brew-coffee-from-the-easy-vegan-cookbook/
© 2017 . All rights reserved.
Step by Step Cold Brew Coffee from The Easy Vegan Cookbook
Coffee concentrate is dirt-cheap, and you get to make it with the roast you like best. The hands-on time to make it is about 5 minutes—maybe 10 if you grind your own beans—and it keeps in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks. Printed with permission from The Easy Vegan Cookbook
tablespoons (11 g) ground coffee per 1 cup (237 ml) your French press holds
Water to fill French press
- Add the ground coffee to your French press.
- Add water until the mixture is about a finger’s width below the pour spout.
- Carefully place the filter/plunger so that it is just on top of the grounds, keeping
- them under the water. Let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- In the morning, gently press down the plunger to push the coffee grounds to the
- bottom. Pour into your favorite pitcher (with a lid) or mason jar(s) and store in the
This makes a concentrate. You can make this as strong as you want by adding more coffee grounds. I add in nondairy creamer to dilute mine, but you can also you water if you prefer your coffee black.