I lived in New Orleans for 12 years. One of the things I looked forward to was the snowball stands re-opening when the weather got warm. They had dozens of flavors, and even more combos. My favorite was the wedding cake flavor which is a mostly vanilla almond flavor. Every good snowball stand makes their own syrups, so the snowballs taste slightly different depending on where you go.
This oatmeal has a vanilla almond base with a hint of coconut from the extract (if you use it). It’s creamy and rich – a perfect way to welcome Spring.
Slow Cooker Wedding Cake Oatmeal
**This recipe uses a smaller slow cooker that's 1½ to 2 quarts
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill steel-cut oats (they have a gluten-free one as well)
- 2 cups Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons sweetener
The night before:
- Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later.
- Add everything except sweetener and toppings.
- Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).