Welcome to day 8 of love your oatmeal week! Today’s oatmeal reminds me of my favorite dessert. Last night we went out to eat and they had a white layer cake with strawberry icing. Luckily they were out of it, or it would be attaching itself to my hips as I write this.
This oatmeal however, certainly is second best. It’s has the sweet and slightly sour bite of strawberries with the creamy after taste of vanilla and the richness of So Delicious Coconut milk. Topped with some extra vanilla coconut yogurt it even has more vanilla taste – just like I imagine the white cake would have tasted like.
On Monday it was 76 degrees here in Durham, and then yesterday it was 50 degrees. Yikes! Once I have a taste of Spring I can’t get it off my mind. It’s my favorite season, and my crocuses and daffodils are blooming. I’m hoping I can entice Spring to come back for the weekend with this oatmeal.
Slow Cooker Strawberry Layer Cake Oatmeal - The Oatmeal to (Hopefully) Bring Spring
**This recipe uses a smaller slow cooker that's 1½ to 2 quarts
The night before:
- Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later.
- Add everything except sweetener and yogurt.
- Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
In the morning:
- Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency. The berries will have floated to the top of the crock. Just smash them a little with the spoon while you're mixing the pot to incorporate them into the mix.
- Stir in sweetener.
- Top each serving with So Delicious Coconut Yogurt and more fresh strawberries if you want.
**(See Page Link on Menu Bar to get to Slow Cooker Oatmeal FAQS)