You know I can’t go too long without a cake flavored oatmeal for breakfast. This oatmeal can brighten up the most dreary day with a vanilla base, flecked with pineapple and chopped cherries.
I finally decided I’m going to Eat Write Retreat in May and will hopefully learn some cool tips. I will definitely learn something about taking pictures, since I really know nothing at this point. Most of the pictures on this blog are actually taken with my camera phone. It has more mega-pixels than my older camera!
- ½ cup Bob's Red Mill steel-cut oats
- 2 cups Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- ½ cup minced pineapple (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 6 cherries, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoon(s) sweetener of your choice
- Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later.
- Add everything but sweetener.
- Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
- Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency.
- Stir in the sweetener.
**See Page Link on Menu Bar to get to Slow Cooker Oatmeal FAQS