This is a good oatmeal to add in to your oatmeal rotation. Just like a PBJ sandwich, it can always be made with basic pantry staples. I like strawberry jam, but feel free to use grape jelly or even orange marmalade if that’s your favorite. You can even get wacky and use almond or cashew butter in place of the peanut butter.
I’m doing this oatmeal a little different than the rest so far. We’ll add the PBJ as extra mix-ins instead of cooking from the beginning. I found that the peanut butter and jam over cooked when put in to begin with and lost some of their wonderful flavor. Plus each person can pick the jam or jelly that they want to mix in!
Serves: 2 or 3
- ½ cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups Unsweetened Vanilla Blue Diamond Almond Breeze
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional - use if you use plain non-dairy milk)
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons fruit sweetened strawberry jam (I used Crofter's Organic Just Fruit Spread)
- The night before: Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later. Add oats and milk. Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
- In the morning: Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency. Mix in peanut butter and jam.
**See Page Link on Menu Bar to get to Slow Cooker Oatmeal FAQS