I love tortilla soup and it’s hard to find a good vegetarian version when you’re out. So this is just another excuse to stay in and save some more money. Serve it with a salad topped with black beans, green chilies, and salsa to make a complete meal.
Slow Cooker Meatless Tortilla Soup (*gluten-free)
The night before:
- Chop onions and mince the garlic. How easy is that for prep work?
- Optional: Saute in olive oil then store in fridge until tomorrow.
In the morning:
- Add everything but the avocado and tequila.
- Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
- About a half hour or so before serving, stir in lime juice, tequila, and adjust .
- Puree with an immersion blender.
- Chop avocado and toss with extra lime juice and a little chili powder.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro, avocado, and strips of *baked tortilla strips or *crushed chips.