A big, warm welcome to all the new visitors from the Crock-Pot Facebook page!
This one is a comforting bowl of fall all in one bowl. If you don’t have maple extract just use maple syrup as your sweetener to add that maple flavor. The maple really makes you think of the autumn leaves, the pear adds a little tart and a little sweet, and the walnuts add just the right amount of crunch.
Don’t forget my Crock-Pot Confessional Video is featured today on Crock-Pot’s Facebook page. Go take a peek, get the recipe for Golden Borscht, and see my fuzzy zebra slippers as a bonus!
The video takes a while to load, but you do get to see a goofy face I’m making right off the bat. I think I may be the only vegan they asked to participate, so make sure to stop by and tell them you were excited to see a vegan recipe. See it here.
** Make sure to check out my other oatmeal recipes. I have over 40 different flavors!
Slow Cooker Maple Pear Walnut Cake Oatmeal - the Oatmeal that Starts Your Week Off Right
soy-free and gluten-free **This recipe uses a smaller slow cooker 1½ to 2 quarts
- 1/2 cup (40g) steel-cut oats
- 2 cup (500ml) Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk (you can use any non-dairy milk or even water instead)
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- sweetener of choice, to taste (I used 1 packet Nu Stevia)
The night before:
- Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later. Add all the ingredients except the sweetener and toppings.
- Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
In the morning:
- Stir your oatmeal well and add sweetener. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should be a more uniform consistency.
- Top with walnuts and a sprinkle of fresh grated nutmeg.