A quick note from your friend, Steel Cut Oats:
“I know it’s summer, but I’m really starting to miss you. We both know that your Doctor thinks we’re a good team. It’s about time for this little break to end.
So, as soon as you can, try this creamy, lemony oatmeal with a little ginger kick! It’s even made with your favorite – Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk.
Just wait, you’ll see just how much you missed me too!”
Slow Cooker Lemon Ginger Oatmeal
**This recipe uses a smaller slow cooker that's 1½ to 2 quarts
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons candied ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sweetener (I used 1/2 packet Trader Joe's stevia)
- For serving: extra chopped candied ginger and lemon zest
The night before:
- Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later.
- Add oats, non-dairy milk, and candied ginger.
- Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
In the morning:
- Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency.
- Stir in lemon extract and sweetener.
- Top each serving with extra chopped candied ginger and lemon zest if you like.