This sauce gets puréed before serving so it’s a perfect place to hide some of your families least favorite veggies. Eggplant works great in addition to the carrots (or in place of them)…I just didn’t have any on hand this time around
Make sure to think about the color while you are adding more veggies. If it’s not fairly red, they will suspect that something is not right…and those picky eaters have some crazy heightened senses!
Slow Cooker Hide and Seek Veggie Pasta Sauce
The night before:
- Chop the veggies and store them together in a covered bowl in the fridge overnight.
In the morning:
- Combine all the ingredients (except for basil, agave, salt and pepper) in your slow cooker and cook all day on low.
- Taste the sauce and add the agave if it needs some sweetness. This will depend on the tomatoes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and add extra basil if you'd like.
- Purée and serve over pasta. You can freeze the leftovers for another meal later in the month. (Or make extra pasta and use the leftover for lunches instead.)
As seen at: