Welcome to day 4 of love your oatmeal week! Today’s oatmeal reminds me of my favorite quick bread. Since this is cold and flu season, you may find yourself with a tummy ache at some point. Ginger is a great way to soothe your tummy. Plus it tastes good too!
Slow Cooker Gingerbread Oatmeal
**This recipe uses a smaller slow cooker that's 1½ to 2 quarts
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 - 2 tablespoons sweetener (I used agave)
- For serving: raisins (optional)
The night before:
- Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later.
- Add everything except agave and raisins.
- Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
In the morning:
- Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency.
- Stir in agave or other sweetener.
- Top each serving with a few raisins if you like.