Sorry I missed posting the last 2 days. I have a confession to make. I spent those 2 days oatmeal-less. I cheated on my oatmeal with vegan sausage biscuits and I have to admit it was pretty darn tasty!
Of course, what really made it special was that I ate them on Halloween biscuits. I made 2 dozen Halloween biscuits for a mini Halloween shoot. It was the perfect excuse to decorate the dinner table early.
And now back to our regularly scheduled Friday oatmeal:
Slow Cooker Coconut Banana Pecan Coffee Cake Oatmeal
**This recipe uses a smaller slow cooker that's 1½ to 2 quarts
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut (I used reduced fat finely shredded)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (optional adds a bigger coconut flavor)
- 1 banana, mashed
- sweeten to taste with your sweetener of choice (I used 1 packet Nu-Stevia)
- Pecans, chopped - for serving
The night before:
- Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later. Add oats, milk, coconut, vanilla and coconut extract.
- Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
In the morning:
- Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency.
- Stir in mashed banana and sweetener. Top with chopped pecans