Cheryl loves walnuts and chocolate and wants me to make a batch of blondies or brownies. This is what I made for her instead, and she was actually happy with it!
Make this into a brownie oatmeal by adding a few teaspoons of cocoa in the night before. Either way it’s bound to make a Friday workday seem to go faster!
- ½ cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sweetener
- 1 tablespoon vegan chocolate chips, whole or chopped
- 2 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- The night before: Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later. Add everything except chocolate chips and walnuts. Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
- In the morning: Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency. Top with whole or chopped chocolate chips and walnuts.