Today my blog tour stops at 86 Lemons, Livvy Zimmerman’s beautiful blog. Her Chopped Power Salad really has me drooling. I love the vibrancy of her photos as well as her friendly conversational tone. It’s like listening to an old friend with great taste in food!
I’m still hoping fall will surprise me any day now. It’s just not fair that I’m ready for pumpkin everything, winter squash, pears and stews. So far I’m not getting my wish but I did find some great organic pears at Trader Joe’s and sometimes you have to get happiness wherever you can find it!
Plus here’s a bonus slow cooker recipe that’s perfect for pear and oatmeal season:
- ½ cup (40g) steel-cut oats
- 2 cup (500ml) Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1 small pear, chopped
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon rosewater (food grade)
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- sweetener of choice, to taste (I used 1 packet Nu Stevia)
- The night before: Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later. Add all the ingredients except the sweetener. Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
- In the morning: Stir your oatmeal well and add sweetener. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should be a more uniform consistency.