It snowed here for the first real time this year. Even though we should only get 5 inches, the stores are packed with people getting supplies. So the last place I wanted to be was in that mess. So no weekend shopping for me.
No shopping means eating out of the pantry, which is something I excel at. It must have been all those years that I was in college.
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes (puree works fine too)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Tb chili powder
- a few dashes liquid smoke
- a dashes garlic Tabasco
- There is no prep work for this one!
- Drain and rinse the beans to remove the salt.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Steam some rice or make cornbread for a satisfying meal.
This is truly easy. Plus, if you are in a pinch and need a quick meal you can always do this on the stove top. Getting organic canned goods is much easier than it used to be, so stock up when you can.