There’s nothing more soothing than a slice of homemade banana bread. Find your comfort in this nutritious bowl of oats. It’s perfect to make for one of those days when you have a tough meeting, or just a too-busy day.
Slow Cooker Banana Walnut Bread Oatmeal
**This recipe uses a smaller slow cooker that's 1½ to 2 quarts
The night before:
- Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later.
- Add oats, milk, and vanilla.
- Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
In the morning:
- Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency.
- Stir in cinnamon, sweetener, walnuts, and mashed banana.
- Top each serving with walnuts and more sliced bananas if desired.