Happy Friday everyone! It seemed like today was never going to come this week. I finally made a Facebook page for this blog, so go over to the new Healthy Slow Cooking fan page and like it to receive updates and links of interest.
This oatmeal has a hint of spice with an earthy undertone of almond, that’s brightened up with the slightly tart and sweet taste of the dried apricots. My apricots were not as sweet as others I’ve brought home in the past, so I added the full amount of sweetener.
Have a wonderful day and weekend. Let me know if you make any cool oatmeal creations.
Slow Cooker Apricot Almond Oatmeal
**This recipe uses a smaller slow cooker that's 1½ to 2 quarts
The night before:
- Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later.
- Add everything except sweetener and almonds to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
In the morning:
- Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency.
- Stir in agave or other sweetener. Top each serving with 1 teaspoon of slivered almonds and extra chopped apricots to make it pretty.