If you made vegan hot cross buns this weekend and are lucky enough to have one or two leftover, you need to make croutons with them for this salad. They are light and just a hint sweet which goes great with the strawberry and asparagus combination.
To make the croutons, chop one into small cubes, place the cubes on an oiled pan, then cook them in a 425 degree oven for about 5 to 10 minutes. Make sure to mix them around ever few minutes so they don’t burn.
Roast a few spears of fresh asparagus in the oven, chop up some of the first strawberries, and you’ll have more to show off than just your fancy croutons.
I always toss my salad greens in the dressing before serving – I find that you use much less dressing that way. You also get a consistent amount of dressing instead of a bite with none and another with too much. I know, I’m a little ocd about dressing…
Mint Balsamic Dressing
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until everything pulls together.
- It will emulsify and get thicker once it's ready.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- This dressing is very intense and I only used a teaspoon per serving.
- Store leftovers in a closed container in the fridge for your next salad.