It can be hard to throw together a great weeknight meal. When you think of salad mixes or kits, you probably think of lettuce and not something to throw in a stir-fry. I’m really into the new Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits because they are full of superfoods like kale, green cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, chicory, and other veggies that are wonderful raw or cooked.
Please note that this post was sponsored by Eat Smart as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. I received product samples to facilitate my review.
For my recipe, I used the Sweet Kale Salad Kit. It fits into my autumn cravings since it contains broccoli stem strips, Brussels sprout slices, chopped kale, cabbage, and chicory. Please note: the dressing is not vegan, but it’s also not used in this recipe.
Eat Smart Superfood Salad Kits really make this convenient. All the veggies you need are already cut up for you and are ready to go! That makes it quick to make a healthy meal at home any night of the week. Easy meal planning equals a happy family!
Don’t forget that you can use broccoli stems, broccoli slaw, or other cole slaw mixes in your cooking as a shortcut. Check out the rest of the Eat Smart Superfood Salad Kits too. All of them contain a mix of greens and veggies that will work in stir-frys, stews, and even soups!
But don’t forget that the Eat Smart Superfood Salad Kits can be incorporated anywhere you want to add some extra veggies like appetizers, pasta dishes, side dishes and more.
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water or vegetable broth
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon organic cornstarch or tapioca starch
- 1 (12 oz/340g) bag of Sweet Kale Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kit (the dressing is not used in this recipe)
- 1 batch crispy tofu (see recipe below)
- Mix all the sauce ingredients EXCEPT for the cornstarch or tapioca starch together.
- Open the salad mix and remove the inner packet. You will not be using the dressing so you discard it, but you will use the cranberry and pumpkin seed mixture.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Once hot add all but ¼ cup of the sauce, the salad mix of kale, green cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and chicory, plus the cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Whisk the starch into the leftover ¼ cup sauce and pour into the pan once the veggies are soft. This will cause the sauce to thicken. Then toss in the tofu and coat with the sauce.
- Serve over steamed brown rice or cooked quinoa.
- 1 (12 oz/397g) organic extra firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or broth
- 2 tablespoons organic cornstarch or tapioca starch
- Cut the tofu into cubes and toss with the soy sauce. Pour off any extra soy sauce, the sprinkle the organic cornstarch or tapioca starch over the tofu and toss until evenly coated.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cover your baking sheet with parchment paper and place the tofu cubes in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes, then take the baking sheet out and turn the tofu pieces over with tongs. Put back in the oven and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Place the tofu in your air fryer and cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Shake the basket or stir the tofu pieces to move them around and cook for 5 more minutes at 400 degrees.
Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kit Giveaway
I-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes (10)