Posted by Kathy Hesterhttp://healthyslowcooking.com/purple-potato-eyes-smoked-avocado-mousse/
© 2017 . All rights reserved.
Spooky Purple Potato Eyes with Smoked Avocado Mousse
This is a great last minute Halloween treat. It's nutritious and creates the perfect spooky mood!
Idaho® Potato blue fingerlings
pimento-filled olive slices
For the avocado mousse
large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
teaspoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
teaspoon liquid smoke
- Cook the potatoes on the stove until tender (or in your Instant Pot on high for 8 to 10 minutes and release the pressure naturally.)
- Let the potatoes cool, then slice in half lengthwise. Use a melon scoop to make room for the mousse.
- Mash the avocado in a mixing bowl, then add the lemon juice or vinegar, liquid smoke, and salt. Mix well.
- Scoop the avocado mousse into the potato holes you made and top with an olive slice.
- Serve as an appetizer on their own or on top of a salad or soup.