Posted by Kathy Hesterhttp://healthyslowcooking.com/pumpkin-spice-cashew-creamer-or-would-that-be-screamer-muah-ha-ha/
© 2017 . All rights reserved.
Pumpkin Spice Cashew Creamer with Coconut Sugar
soy-free, gluten-free and no added oil
cup raw cashews
cups water, for cooking
another 1 1/2 to 2 cups water, for blending
cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or your sweetener of choice, to taste)
teaspoons to 1 tablespoon cinnamon, to taste
teaspoon ground cloves
pinch salt, optional
- In a small 1½ to 2 quart slow cooker add cashews and cooking water.
- Cook 8 to 9 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high.
- Alternatively you can cook them on the stove in a small saucepan for about 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Once you drain the water (I find that the water gets a little murky, so I like to drain the cashews and add fresh water to blend into the creamer) add the cashews, 1½ cup water for blending, sugar and spices.
- Blend until creamy smooth.
- Add more water if you'd like a thinner creamer - 1½ cup of water makes it thick and it will thicken up more once you put it in the fridge (or you could use 1 cup of water first, pull out some of the thick creamer for a pie or ice cream topping - then add the rest for your coffee creamer!)
- Store in the fridge for up to 7 days.