I hope you’ll join me in a steaming pumpkin spice latte. Mine’s made with slow cooker vegan pumpkin caramel sauce – yum! Today’s recipe blends some of the best flavors of fall into a rich sauce that makes the best coffee you may ever have. It’s also pretty awesome in a cup of tea.
Not only is this much cheaper than your fancy coffee habit, but it’s almost as easy to make. You really just toss everything in a small 1 1/2 to 2-quart slow cooker and cook for 7 to 9 hours on low.
The fat content of your coconut milk and the water in the pumpkin puree will determine on how thick or thin the sauce is. The sauce will seem very thin when you take it out of the slow cooker, but it will thicken up in the fridge. If the sauce isn’t very thick then there is still no need to worry because it will taste just as good.
Don’t forget that you can change the spices to suit your tastes. Leave out the cloves or triple the cardamom until it’s just the way you want it.
Serves: 3 cups
- 1 can (13.5 ounces, or 400 ml) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup (225 g) packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (245 g) pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- pinch cloves
- All all the ingredients to your 1½ to 2 quart slow cooker and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Store in the fridge and use a few spoonfuls in your hot or iced coffee.