Posted by Kathy Hesterhttp://healthyslowcooking.com/pear-cranberry-ip-cake/
© 2017 . All rights reserved.
Vegan Pear and Cranberry Instant Pot Cake
This cake is super moist since it’s steamed and reminds me a little of an English steamed pudding. You can vary the fruits to match up with the season.
cup (150 g) whole wheat pastry flour (*use a gluten-free baking mix)
teaspoon ground cardamom
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon baking powder
cup unsweetened nondairy milk
cup Whole Earth Sweetener Agave 50
tablespoons (14 g) ground flax seeds
tablespoons mild oil (or **use applesauce to make oil-free)
cup chopped pear
cup chopped fresh cranberries
cups (355 ml) water
- Oil a 6 or 7-inch bundt pan and set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Then mix all the wet ingredients in a large measuring cup.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. Fold in the mix-ins.
- Spread the cake mixture into your prepared pan and cover with foil.
- Put the steel insert into your Instant Pot, add the water into the bottom along with the stainless steel steam rack with handles that came with your Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on with the vent closed and cook on high pressure for 35 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally.
- Once the pressure indicator goes down, remove the lid, carefully lift out the pan and remove the foil that’s covering the pan.
- Let cool before removing the cake from the pan and/or cutting.