This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions and the recipe are mine alone. #BringYourBestBowl #Kroger #CollectiveBias
When I saw that Quaker® Oats was having a Bring Your Best Bowl Contest I just had to do this post. You all know just how much I love my oatmeal and I wake up every morning ready to have a delicious bowl!
Rolled oats are sometimes underrated, but almost anyone can fit them into a morning routine. Why are they called rolled? Rolled oats are lightly steamed and then put through a roller.
I bought my Quaker® Oats at my local Kroger. My local Krogers have added a huge natural foods section that makes life so convenient for me. I love that I can pick up a large variety of nondairy products without having to take an extra trip to find a specialty store.
Rolled oats are so quick and easy since they cook in only 5 minutes on the stove. I love that! If you grew up on instant oatmeal, you’ll find that Quaker® Old Fashioned Rolled Oats have a slightly chewier texture that is really appealing.
I chose a Middle Eastern flavor profile for my bowl. The main additions are pistachios, dates, and cinnamon. But the agave nectar (or maple syrup) mixed with the orange flower water is really a powerhouse of flavor. Not only does it add sweetness, but the flower aroma will brighten up your whole day.
Serves: 2 servings
- 1¾ cup water or unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 cup Quaker® Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- pinch salt, optional
- ¼ cup agave nectar (or substitute maple syrup)
- ½ teaspoon orange flower water (or substitute rose water)
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios (or substitute cashews)
- ¼ cup chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or substitute cardamon)
- Bring the water to a boil then add the Quaker® Old Fashioned Rolled Oats and cook for about 5 minutes or until the oatmeal has absorbed the water and the oats are tender. If you'd like, stir in a pinch of salt.
- Add the orange flower water to the agave nectar and mix well.
- Divide the cooked oats into 2 bowls and divide the pistachios and dates between them. Drizzle the orange flower water and agave mixture over the top - just use the amount you like to sweeten your oats with. You can always save any leftovers for next time. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy!
I’d love for you to enter the Bring Your Best Bowl Contest, after all the more vegan recipes the better! You can check out all the rules for the contest here. You can only use select Quaker Instant Oats or Quaker Standard Oatmeal Canisters, and you can only use 2 to 5 additional ingredients, so be mindful of that while you come up with your recipe.
In case you need a few other good reasons to enter the Bring Your Best Bowl Contest you could win $250,000 and the top recipe entries will be created and sold in stores for a limited time in Fall 2016! The contest has already started and runs through March 12, so there’s still time to enter.