Happy 4th everyone! In case you need a last minute dish to bring to a bbq I have a make-shift recipe for you – layer dip. Yes, I really did say layer dip.
If you have a few things in your pantry you can make short work of it and have an impressive tasting dip.
There are a few shortcuts to go along with a few flavor surprises.
No Shame Layer Dip
If you have a few things in your pantry you can make short work of it and have an impressive tasting dip. There are a few flavor surprises that make this unique. This is a layer dip that tastes good and will impress your guests.
- 1 can refried black beans
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons rum
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream
- 2 tablespoons green chilis
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 to 2 cups heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- smoked salt, to taste
- Layer 1–beans
- Mix the beans, lime zest and juice, as well as the rum and chipotle powder into a food processor and process until smooth. You may need to scrape down and process a bit more. Spread on the bottom of your serving plate.
- Layer 2–sour cream
- Mix the sour cream and the chilis. Spread over the beans but leave a bit of the beans showing.
- Layer 3–green guac
- Mix the mashed avocado and the salsa verde. Spread over the sour cream.
- Layer 4–multicolored heirloom tomatoes
- Mix the tomatoes with the smoked salt and sprinkle over the top.
Subscribe to posts in a reader