Posted by Kathy Hesterhttp://healthyslowcooking.com/mother-stallard-beans-for-vegan-mofo-2013/
© 2017 . All rights reserved.
Mother Stallard Beans
soy-free, gluten-free, oil-free
cups (386 g) dry Mother Stallard Beans, rinsed and picked through
cups (1410 ml) water
(2 inch) sprig fresh rosemary
salt and pepper, to taste
Stove Top Directions:
- Add everything except salt and pepper to a soup pot.
- Bring to a boil, cover and turn heat down to medium low.
- Cook until the beans are tender about 2 to 3 hours. If your beans are older it can take as much as twice as long.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and then dig into a bowl of home-cooked goodness!
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Add everything except salt and pepper to the slow cooker and cook for 7 to 10 hours on low.
- Add salt and pepper to taste before serving.