It seems too early to start making holiday gifts, but summer is when the best herbs are ready to be used. Plus you get to have all your holiday gifts ready before the leaves start to change.
You could make a ton of variations on this recipe. Try making lemon vodka by using lemon verbena or lemon balm in place of the mint. The next one I’m trying out is lemon thyme vodka using lemon herbs and mint!
Fresh Mint Infused Vodka
Use the bounty of fresh mint in your garden to get ahead on holiday presents. This takes almost no effort and all your friends and family will be thrilled to get one!
- 2 cups (470 ml) vodka
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves (any variety will work, I've used orange mint, chocolate mint, and peppermint.)
- mason jar with tight fitting lid
- Add all ingredients to a mason jar with a tight lid and shake. Allow to steep in a dark place for 5 full days. Shake once a day.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and put in the bottles you'd like to store or gift in.
- See Joni Newman's gifting suggestions in her recipe for vanilla mint vodka.
Below is a photo of Joni Newman’s Vanilla Mint Vodka from her amazing book, Vegan Food Gifts. This is another great holiday present and you can get the recipe here.