I thought summer might end a little early, but with this weather there is almost always a turn. Today is in the 90s which is still better than the 100s, but I’ve been spoiled with to many perfect, cool mornings in a row.
Since I can’t change the weather, I’ll change my internal temp with one of these Ginger Red Bean Popsicles from The Great Vegan Bean Book. Keep an eye out this week for more desserts from the bean book.
Ginger Red Bean Popsicles
gluten-free, soy-free, oil-free
- 1 can (14 ounces) of light coconut milk
- 1 cup sweet red bean paste (see below)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (plain or vanilla)
- 1 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
- Blend the first 4 ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour into frozen pop molds and freeze overnight.
Red Bean Paste
Soy-free Gluten-free Oil-free
- 1 cup (197 g) dry adzuki beans
- 3 cups (705 g) water
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- Put the beans and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Decrease the heat to low, cover, and cook until the beans are soft, about 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- Once the beans are done, add the sugar and stir to combine. You can keep cooking until the beans are thick, like the texture of miso. I like to leave a few bean chunks, but you could put it into the food processor if you’d like it smooth.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.