Turtle Butter: Pecans, Chocolate, Dates and Maple Syrup
Author: Kathy Hester
Recipe type: spread
Serves: 1½ to 2 cups
- 10 dates
- 2 cups water (for cooking the dates)
- 2 cups pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder (or cocoa)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch salt
- Put the dates and water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and let sit for 15 minutes. This softens the dates and makes it easier to puree them.
- Add the pecans, cacao powder, maple syrup and salt.
- Add in the dates and 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid.
- Puree, scrape the bowl down and process until very smooth adding more cooking liquid if needed.
Make sure to taste it so you can add more maple syrup or cacao powder to make it just the way you like it. Store in the fridge and serve on crackers in paninis and any other way that makes you happy!
Recipe by Healthy Slow Cooking at http://healthyslowcooking.com/turtle-butter-pecans-chocolate-dates-and-maple-syrup/