This is great as a side for a picnic or to top a veggie burger hot off the grill. It’s creamy with coconut milk and has a little kick from Sriracha. Mincing the broccoli will fool the pickiest eater into trying a few bites.
This dish comes together in minutes, so it’s perfect for an impromptu party. I don’t use many bagged veggies, but broccoli slaw is my exception. It’s not expensive and is great to throw into stir-frys, soups, stews and salads. Plus broccoli gives a nutritional punch to any dish.
Be sure to try some on your veggie burger or veggie dog. Or bulk it up with extras for a hearty summertime salad.
Easy Asian Broccoli Slaw Made with Coconut Milk
Wow your friends at your next cookout with this bold Asian broccoli slaw. It comes together in minutes and the main ingredient is already prepped for you!
- 1 bag (12 ounce/340 g) bag of organic broccoli slaw
- 1/4 cup Roland Foods light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (leave out to make oil-free or substitute tahnini)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 to 2 teaspoons soy sauce, to taste
Extras (for crunch and/or garnish)
- toasted sesame seeds
- minced peanuts
- minced almonds
- minced onion and bell pepper
- sunflower seeds
- minced cashews
- Empty the bag of broccoli slaw into your food processor and process until minced. Scrape into a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, then pour it over the slaw and mix together.
- You can use any of the extras as garnishes or to add more texture and crunch!