Here’s another great Thanksgiving recipe for you and this one is made in your Instant Pot! It’s so easy to make your own cranberry sauce and you can tweak this recipe to make it just the way you like it.
My Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce has some orange, cinnamon, cardamom and a touch of apple brandy. I sweetened mine with maple syrup, but you could use stevia, monk fruit, or even use raw or coconut sugar.
One of the cool things about Hurst’s Berry Farms‘ cranberries is that they dry harvest them. By using a dry harvest method, the cranberries actually stay fresh longer. The cranberries must be completely dry when they are picked this way. Even a slight shower, a heavy dew, or other damp conditions will delay the harvest.
Most places, the fields are flooded and the cranberries are loosened with water reels. Then they float to the top and are harvested.
I used my OXO zester. I love it because it gives me a thicker zest that I think makes everything taste better!
I also used my citrus juicer in this recipe. I love it because it catches the seeds and keeps it out of the juice. I used to use a reamer, but I like this better.
You should try Hurst’s Berry Farms‘ recipe for cranberry salsa at your next taco night with any leftover cranberries you have after the holiday.
Serves: about 4 cups
- 3 cups fresh Hurst's Berry Farms cranberries
- 2 cups minced peeled apple
- ½ cup orange juice (about 2 medium oranges)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (about 2 medium oranges)
- 10 cardamom pods
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons apple brandy (or spiced rum)
- sweetener of choice to taste (I used 2 tablespoons maple syrup)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Add all the pressure cooker ingredients to your Instant Pot. Put on the lid and set the vent to sealed. Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally, which means wait until the pressure value drops on its own.
- Once the pressure releases, you will be able to remove the lid and set aside. Press the cancel button to turn off the Instant Pot, then press the saute button and the adjust button until it sets to "less".
- Add in the saute ingredients. Mix well with a large spoon and mash the fruit pieces as you go.
- Please note, you can use any sweetener of your choice, just add a little at a time and taste as you go.
- Cook until it's at the thickness you desire, then turn off and remove the cardamom pods and cinnamon sticks. Store in the fridge.