Ok, you and I know both that these are just mashed potatoes with puréed spinach. I have fancied them up with some Unsweetened So Delicious coconut milk and some smoked salt. With St. Paddy’s day just around the corner it’s a perfect way to dress up tomorrow’s dinner. Don’t panic the “beef” in the pic above is Gardein‘s vegan beefless tips!
To make the cooked potatoes in the slow cooker use the Slow Cooker Beyond Easy Baked Potatoes. Once they are done (they can cook all day while you are at work), make sure to use a clean pot holder to handle the cooked potatoes with since they will be really hot, then split them open and scrape the flesh out into a bowl.
This isn’t a slow cooker recipe if you boil your potatoes on the stove, but either way they are great for St. Paddy’s Day!
Green Mashed Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened So Delicious coconut milk
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 large cooked potatoes, peeled
- 1 to 2 tablespoon(s) Earth Balance
- smoked salt, to taste (or 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke and plain salt)
- Puree the nondairy milk and the spinach in a blender until smooth. No matter how you cooked your potatoes transfer the insides (no peel) to a bowl and mash the potatoes. You can use a mixer after you add the liquid and Earth Balance, just make sure not to over mix or they will get gluey. Mix everything together.