You guys know I tend to get on a tangent and now I can’t stop making frozen coffees. I guess it’s too warm to re-start my oatmeal obsession and they are so much better than you-know-who’s.
Since the CSA has been making veggies magically apear at my house so I haven’t gone to the farmers market every weekend. I did go last Saturday and found a new coffee cart waiting for me, Cocoa and Cinnamon. Looking over their menu I saw my new favorite coffee combination – cardamom and rosewater. If you are in or near Durham, you must try their coffee!
They grind the coffee per order and brew it in a vacuum press. They had almond milk which totally made my day. The combination of coffee with cardamom was perfect and the rosewater rounds it out but doesn’t overpower the coffee.
In my cheap-o-chino I also tossed in a little cocoa which I think really compliments the combination. You could also use chocolate almond milk if you had some on hand.
I hope you enjoy this one as much as I have. I’m so into this that I bought a little bottle just to keep my coffee concentrate in!
- ¼ cup cold brewed coffee concentrate (or 1 cup (250ml) regular brewed coffee)
- 1½ cup Vanilla So Delicious Almond Plus Milk
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon Nu-stevia, or your favorite sweetener to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon xanthan gum or 1 teaspoon pectin (do not leave out – it holds it together!)
- 1½ to 2 cups ice
- In a blender add everything except for the xanthan gum and ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add xanthan gum (or pectin) and ice then blend. Depending on your blender you may have to add the ice ½ cup at a time. I have a really powerful one so I can blend it all in at once.