It’s beautiful outside and I have all the windows and doors open. We’re de-cluttering, and if all goes well I’ll even have the deck ready for a cocktail night next week. Spring is my favorite time of the year. It makes anything seem possible.
I like a nice frosty drink as a reward for all my hard work, and this was perfect. Years ago, before I was a vegan, Starbuck’s had a blackberry green tea frappuccino that I loved. Of course, the blackberry syrup is long gone.
At home I’ve tried various store-bought syrups and I’ve still not found anything that I like as much as extracts or just fresh fruit. In this particular drink, frozen blueberries add some thickness and sweetness in addition to that fruity flavor that balances out the intense flavor of the matcha powder.
I will be working on more homemade syrups this month so stay tuned!
So Delicious Almond Milk Blueberry Green Tea Cheap-o-chino
- 1 1/2 cup So Delicious Vanilla Almond Plus Milk
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (if fresh use more ice)
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia or other sweetener, optional
- pinch of xanthan gum or 1 teaspoon pectin (do not leave out - it holds it together!)
- 1/2 cup ice
- In a blender mix everything except for the xanthan gum and ice. Blend until smooth.
- Then add xanthan gum (or pectin), ice and blend. This will keep the different ingredients from separating.
- You can add more almond milk if it's too thick or you can add more ice if it's too thick.
You need to change your RSS feed link or just click this link: Subscribe in a reader
Any email subscribers will need to resubscribe to continue getting blog posts in your email.