This cake is full of pumpkin, pecan and oats with just enough sweetness to pull it all together. It’s the perfect fall breakfast treat.
I adore autumn. I love the multicolored leaves, the ever-so-slight chill in the air, and the very best part is I get to put pumpkin into everything. Well, the very best part is Halloween, but I can inject pumpkin into that too!
Autumn Coffee Cake with Pumpkin and Pecans
A low fat coffee cake chock full of pumpkin and topped with a pecan oat crumb mixture. It's a winner any morning, but especially great for an autumn treat.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon stevia (Nu-stevia brand)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cups oats
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil an 8 by 8 baking pan.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in one bowl and the dry ones in a different one.
- Add all the topping ingredients to a food processor and process until it's the perfect size for a crumb topping.
- Mix the wet with the dry and spread the mixture into the oiled pan. Sprinkle topping evenly over the coffee cake.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.