Posted by Kathy Hesterhttp://healthyslowcooking.com/all-in-one-thanksgiving-dinner-from-vegan-slow-cooking-for-two/
© 2017 . All rights reserved.
Easy Thanksgiving Dinner for Two
gluten-free option**, soy-free option*, oil-free
Bottom Layer (tempeh and gravy)
cup (235 ml) water
tablespoons (14 g) Golden Veggie Bouillon Powder (recipe below)
Pinch each salt and pepper
ounces (225 g) tempeh (*or seitan for soy-free), cut into 2 slices
to 2 tablespoons (8 to 16 g) flour (**or gluten-free thickener)
Middle Layer (stuffing)
cups (42 g) packaged vegan stuffing (**or gluten-free stuffing)
cup (120 ml) water
cup (28 g) minced cranberries or pecans
Top Layer (candied sweet potatoes)
medium sweet potato, cut into thick rounds
tablespoon (15 g) brown sugar
- Please note that this recipe is for a 1½ to 2 quart slow cooker. (You can double or triple to use a larger slow cooker.)
- Tear off 2 pieces of parchment paper or aluminum foil big enough to make an enclosed packet in the slow cooker. (You will use these for the middle and top layers. Set aside).
- Add the water, Golden Veggie Bouillon Powder, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker and mix. Add the tempeh (or seitan). (Set the flour aside for use right before serving).
- In a bowl, mix the stuffing ingredients.
- Transfer the mixture to the middle of one of the pieces of parchment and close it up so it will fit in the slow cooker. Place on top of the tempeh.
- Spread out the other piece of parchment and arrange the sweet potato slices on it and sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, and salt. (You may need to stack them so they will fit in the slow cooker).
- Close up this package, place it on top of the stuffing packet, and replace the lid).
- Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours (or 3 hours on high).
- Remove the top two packets and set aside. Turn the slow cooker to high, remove the tempeh, and set aside.
- Whisk in the flour and set the tempeh back in. The gravy should thicken up enough while you plate up the potatoes and stuffing. Add a little more flour if needed.
- Place the tempeh on the plates and cover with gravy and stuffing.