With St. Patrick’s Day behind me and a whole pitcher of vegan Irish Cream Liquor in the fridge it’s time to make some Irish cream recipes.
I thought pancakes would be a good place to start. After all the Irish cream is mostly coconut and cashew – and that makes everything moist and magical.
Be sure to try these recipes that use vegan Irish creams too:
- ½ cup rolled oats blended into a flour or oat flour
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- ½ cup homemade vegan Irish Cream Liquor
- ½ cup nondairy milk of choice
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed mixed with 2 tablespoons warm water
- Heat a griddle or saute pan over medium heat.
- Mix the ground oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small mixing bowl and mix well.
- Measure out the Irish cream, milk and apple sauce in a 2 cup measuring cup then stir in the flax mixture.
- Use a heaping ¼ cup per pancake. Don't crowd the pan, I usually cook them 3 at a time. Flip once the are cooked about half-way through, about 3 minutes.
- Cook on the other side for 2 to 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with maple syrup and thrown some fresh berries on top if you have any handy.
- This should make 6 pancakes or enough for 2 to 3 people.