These dairy-free parfaits are the perfect small bite for your holiday party. They taste a bit like cheesecake with a hint of nutmeg and spiced rum. Plus it only takes minutes to make.
I use a combination of vegan cream cheese and silken tofu to make the base of this delicate dessert with just a hint of spiced rum.
Use this base recipe to play with – add your favorite flavors and cookies to vary it for the season.
- ½ cup gingerbread cookie crumbs
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese or cashew cream
- 4 ounces silken tofu (1/2 of 1 package)
- ⅓ cup nondairy nog or vanilla nondairy milk
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon spiced rum, to taste - optional
- ¼ teaspoon stevia
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- In 6 mini dessert cups or shot glasses add about 1½ teaspoons of the cookie crumbs.
- Make the filling by adding the cream cheese, tofu, nog, stevia and nutmeg into the food processor. Process until silky smooth. you’ll need to stop a few times and scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Spoon in the filling and top with a sprinkle of cookie crumbs or a little nutmeg.
- Put in the fridge for at least an hour to chill and thicken up.